Have student open their Student Canvas account and Select your class
Start in your Canvas Dashboard
- Click on the Class you want to add DBQ
- Click on Modules (if you don't have any modules yet it will be light gray)
- Now Click top right blue button "+ Module"
- Give it a title, like "DBQ Online" then click "Add Module"
- Publish the module by Click on on the gray cloud, the cloud will be green with a check mark when published
- Click on the Plus Sign
- Click the Down Arrow and select External Tool from the dropdown list
- Now Click on DBQ Online and Check the box next to "Load in New Tab"
- Click Add Item
- You have now created a single sign on As a teacher- you will not publish this to your students
Set up Students:
- Click on the the DBQ Online module you just made this will open your DBQ teacher dashboard in a new window
- Copy the ClassLink for the Class you want to set up
- Go back to Canvas Account
- Click Modules
- Click the + button next to DBQ online
- Add another External Tool, use the down arrow to select External Tool from the dropdown menu
- Click DBQ online
- Replace the URL with the unique ClassLink and check the box next to "Load in a new tab"
- Click Add Item
- Publish by clicking the gray cloud- it will turn green with a check mark when published
- Repeat this process for each class you will be using DBQ with
Set up in Student Canvas Account
- Have the student open their Student Canvas account and Select your class from the dashboard
- Click on Modules
- There will be a link to DBQ Online and when the student clicks and clicks load in new tab they will now see the assignment for the class